Legal Benefits of Getting Married In Vietnam
Marriage is the beautiful thing that God brings to the human and the certificate of marriage is the legal document of this beautiful thing. Some people enjoy to cohabit because they are afraid of the complex procedures if they divorce.
However, living together without getting married may bring more than complicated issues to solve if they do not cohabit. Then, in this article, we would like to provide the legal benefits of couples intending getting marriage in Vietnam.
1) Representation between husband and wife in case only one spouse is named on the ownership or use right certificate of common properties or assets. Husband or wife can represent for each other in establishing, making and terminating transactions related to their common properties or assets.
2) For a house which is belonged only to a husband or wife
Although this house is owned by a husband or wife and it is the only place for them living, the establishment, making and termination of transactions related to his home have to be agreed by both of them.
In case the home is under the separate ownership of the husband or wife, the owner has the right to establish, make and terminate transactions related to that property but ensure domicile for the couple.
3) Common properties and assets of husband and wife
From the time getting the marriage certificate, the properties and assets which are created by husband or wife will become the common assets of them. Then, what are the common properties and assets?
Common property of husband and wife includes property created by a spouse, incomes generated from labor, production and business activities, yields and profits arising from separate property and other lawful incomes in the marriage period; except property jointly inherited by or given to both, and other property agreed upon by husband and wife as common property.
The land use rights obtained by a spouse after marriage will be the common property of husband and wife, unless they are separately inherited by, or given to a spouse or are obtained through transactions made with separate property.
The common property of husband and wife shall be integrated under common ownership and used to meet family needs and perform common obligations of husband and wife.
When exists no ground to prove that a property in dispute between husband and wife is his/her separate property, such property shall be regarded as common property.
- Summary of major changes in Vietnam's tourism policy in 2023
- Business in Vietnam
- List of foreign providers registered for tax in Viet Nam
- Proposing the National Assembly to have the resolution to amend the visa policy from May 2023
- Vietnam Goverment enhances electronic enforcement deadlines
- Determine The Demand For Using Foreign Laborers In Vietnam
- 2022 Foreign Investment in Vietnam
- Binh Dinh is committed to "rolling out the carpet" to welcome investors
- Vietnam's Economic growth exceeded forecast: 3rd quarter 13.67%, nine months 8.83%
- Dialogue at the forum to attract foreign investment in Ho Chi Minh City