Work permit in Vietnam
Work Permit and Residence Card in Vietnam
Table of contents:
1. Who needs a work permit in Vietnam?
Foreigners who move to Vietnam for employment for:
a) Executing the labor contracts; or
b) Complying with the company’s internal reassignments; or
c) Enforcing contracts or agreements on business, commerce, finance, banking, insurance, science and technology, culture, sports, education, vocational training, and health; or
d) Providing services under contracts; or
e) Offering services; or
f) Working for foreign non-governmental organizations or international organizations in Vietnam that have been granted operating licenses by the Vietnam law; or
g) Working as volunteer; or
h) Taking charge of establishing the commercial presence; or
i) Working as managers, chief executive officers, experts, technicians; or
k) Participating in the execution of bid contracts and projects in Vietnam.
(Except in some cases)
2. What if foreign employees work in Vietnam without a Work Permit?
Expats working in Viet Nam without work permits (except where they are exempted by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare) will be expelled from the country.
3. An application for the work permit consists of:
- A request was written by the employer for a work permit for the employee.
- A medical certificate, issued by authorized agencies either abroad or in Viet Nam and valid for 12 months.
- Criminal record from the country of origin. If the employee has resided in Vietnam, he only needs to obtain this from the Vietnamese authorities.
- Documents to support qualifications as managers, executives, professionals, or technical workers. In other cases, these documents can be replaced by:
+ A certificate for traditional craft
+ An experience qualification for a soccer player.
+ An aircraft license issued by authorized agencies in Vietnam for foreign pilots.
+ An aircraft maintenance license issued by authorized agencies in Viet Nam for foreign aircraft maintenance technicians.
- Proof of employment with foreign companies that send staff to work in Viet Nam
- Two color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, looking forward, bareheaded, no colored glasses), taken within the last six months.
- A notarised copy of passport
Documents provided by foreign companies and organizations must go through a process of consular notarization before being sent to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare.
The work permit duration shall not exceed 02 years and can be re-issued.
local and foreign parties in Central Viet Nam, mainly