Work permit in Danang, Hoian, Hue

Work Permit and Residence Card in Vietnam

Who needs work permit in Vietnam?

Foreigners who move to Vietnam for employment for the purpose of:

a) Executing the labor contracts; or

b) Complying with the company’s internal reassignments; or

c) Enforcing contracts or agreements on business, commerce, finance, banking, insurance, science and technology, culture, sports, education, vocational training and health; or

d) Providing services under contracts; or

e) Offering services; or

f) Working for foreign non-governmental organizations or international organizations in Vietnam that have been granted with operating licenses in accordance with the Vietnam law; or

g) Working as volunteers; or

h) Taking charge of establishing the commercial presence; or

i) Working as managers, chief executive officers, experts, technicians; or

k) Participating in the execution of bid contracts and projects in Vietnam.

(Except some cases)

What if foreign employees work in Vietnam without a work permit?

Expats working in Viet Nam without work permits (except where they are exempted by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare) will be expelled from the country.

An application for the work permit consists of:

- A request written by the employer for a work permits for the employee.

- A medical certificate, issued by authorised agencies either abroad or in Viet Nam and valid for 12 months.

- Criminal record from the country of origin. If the employee has resided in Vietnam, he only needs to obtain this from the Vietnamese authorities.

- Documents to support qualifications as managers, executives, professionals or technical workers. In other cases, these documents can be replaced by:

+ A certificate for traditional craft

+ An experience qualification for a soccer player.

+ An aircraft license issued by authorised agencies in Vietnam for foreign pilots.

+ An aircraft maintenance license issued by authorized agencies in Viet Nam for foreign aircraft maintenance technicians.

- Proof of employment with foreign companies that send staff to work in Viet Nam

- Two color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, looking forward, bareheaded, no colored glasses), taken within the last six months.

- Notarised copy of passport

Documents provided by foreign companies and organisations must go through a process of consular notarisation before being sent to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare.

The duration of work permit: shall not exceed 02 years, and can be re-issuance.

“DB Legal is a full legal service law firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. Our Lawyers bring enormous legal experience for both local and foreign parties in Central Viet Nam, mainly areas in Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Hue, Quy Nhon ,etc.

For more information: Our Vietnamese social page or  English social page

Local Office Numbers:
Hotline: +84 357 466 579


Contact us

Add: 3rd Floor, Indochina Riverside Tower, 74 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District, Danang City, Vietnam
Hotline 1: (+84) 357 466 579

Hotline 2: (+84) 985 271 242

Phone: (+84) 236.366.4674