Marrige Registration in Vietnam
Under the Law of Vietnam, the minimum age for a man getting married is a full 20 years of age or older and for a woman is a full 18 years of age or older and there is no difference between the Vietnamese or foreigner living in Vietnam
However, the marriage registration procedures involving foreign elements may be more complex and difficult than those involving Vietnamese element because the competent Vietnamese agency will consider carefully the dossiers and via the interview in order that there is no fake marriage.
Marriage registration dossiers will include:
1) Marriage registration declarations of both spouses, made according the prescribed form;
2) A written certification of a competent Vietnamese or a foreign health organization stating that he/she does not suffer any mental or other diseases which deprive him/her of the ability to perceive and control his/her acts to the civil status registration agency.
3) Foreigners and Vietnamese citizens residing abroad shall additionally submit papers proving their marital status and copies of their passports or valid passport substitute papers.
Within 15 days after receiving complete papers, civil status officers have to verify these documents; if seeing that the law-prescribed marriage conditions are fully met, the district-level Justice Division shall report to the chairperson of the district-level People's Committee for settlement.
Upon marriage registration, both male and female partners must be present at the head office of the People's Committee, the civil status officer shall ask for the opinions of the male and female partners. If seeing that they voluntarily marry each other, the civil status officer shall record the marriage in the civil status book and together with the male and female partners sign in the civil status book. The male and female partners shall both sign in the marriage certificate. The chairperson of the district-level People's Committee shall hand the marriage certificate to the couple.
- Summary of major changes in Vietnam's tourism policy in 2023
- Business in Vietnam
- List of foreign providers registered for tax in Viet Nam
- Proposing the National Assembly to have the resolution to amend the visa policy from May 2023
- Vietnam Goverment enhances electronic enforcement deadlines
- Determine The Demand For Using Foreign Laborers In Vietnam
- 2022 Foreign Investment in Vietnam
- Binh Dinh is committed to "rolling out the carpet" to welcome investors
- Vietnam's Economic growth exceeded forecast: 3rd quarter 13.67%, nine months 8.83%
- Dialogue at the forum to attract foreign investment in Ho Chi Minh City