Marrige Registration in Vietnam
Under the Law of Vietnam, the minimum age for a man getting married is a full 20 years of age or older and for a woman is a full 18 years of age or older and there is no difference between the Vietnamese or foreigner living in Vietnam
However, the marriage registration procedures involving foreign elements may be more complex and difficult than those involving Vietnamese element because the competent Vietnamese agency will consider carefully the dossiers and via the interview in order that there is no fake marriage.
Marriage registration dossiers will include:
1) Marriage registration declarations of both spouses, made according the prescribed form;
2) A written certification of a competent Vietnamese or a foreign health organization stating that he/she does not suffer any mental or other diseases which deprive him/her of the ability to perceive and control his/her acts to the civil status registration agency.
3) Foreigners and Vietnamese citizens residing abroad shall additionally submit papers proving their marital status and copies of their passports or valid passport substitute papers.
Within 15 days after receiving complete papers, civil status officers have to verify these documents; if seeing that the law-prescribed marriage conditions are fully met, the district-level Justice Division shall report to the chairperson of the district-level People's Committee for settlement.
Upon marriage registration, both male and female partners must be present at the head office of the People's Committee, the civil status officer shall ask for the opinions of the male and female partners. If seeing that they voluntarily marry each other, the civil status officer shall record the marriage in the civil status book and together with the male and female partners sign in the civil status book. The male and female partners shall both sign in the marriage certificate. The chairperson of the district-level People's Committee shall hand the marriage certificate to the couple.
- Marriage Registration in Vietnam 2022
- Vietnam Has Recognized The Vaccine’s Passport For 16 Coutries
- List of Hospitals in Da Nang issuing the Health Check for Work Permit
- Visa Types - How to live legally in Vietnam
- Danang – The important economic center of Midland and Highland in Vietnam
- COMPULSORY INSURANCES IN VIET NAM 2020
- Setting up Business In Da Nang, Viet Nam
- List of Bordergates Allowing Foreigners Using E-Visa in Vietnam
- List Of Countries Of Which Citizens Are Eligible For Pilot Issuance Of E-Visa in Viet Nam
- COMPREHENSIVE AND PROGRESSIVE AGREEMENT FOR TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP PREAMBLE