Taxation in Vietnam
In general, foreign invested companies (FICs) and individuals doing business in Vietnam will find themselves subject to some taxes like the Vietnamese companies and locals, including enterprise income tax (EIT), VAT, personal income tax (PIT), special consumption tax, etc.
It should be however be noted that these taxes are not imposed the same to all FICs and foreigners. The method of collection, the tax liabilities may vary considerably depending on the form of business. FICs, branches are subject to EIT, VAT and some taxes relating to their business in Viet Nam, such as import or export taxes. However, EIT will not be subject to representative offices because these must not do any business in Vietnam, the object of Ros are to advertise these mother companies and seek the Vietnam market. Regarding to foreign individuals doing business in Viet nam, the PIT will be imposed on their income. Depending on the source and level of income, the tax rates may be different from case to case, between 5% and 35% per the income.
All companies must file tax declarations in monthly, quarterly and yearly even that they are not operational or profits. All taxes in Vietnam are imposed at the national level, there are no local or provincial taxes. The FICs should pay tax in localities where they are headquartered or have duly registered branches.
Currently, the question which is asked with the wide range of number is the tax incentives in Vietnam. If the FICs and foreigners have understood their rights and tax regulations, the tax incentives will bring greatly their income. It is therefore suggested that the FICs and foreigners should take the advice from lawyers before doing business in Vietnam.
- Binh Dinh is committed to "rolling out the carpet" to welcome investors
- Vietnam's Economic growth exceeded forecast: 3rd quarter 13.67%, nine months 8.83%
- Dialogue at the forum to attract foreign investment in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi attracted 169.4 million USD from FDI projects in September 2022
- Ho Chi Minh City attracts an additional 2.71 billion USD in FDI
- Investment attraction situation in Quang Nam 2022
- Vietnam economy will achieve impressive growth
- Binh Duong holds press conference for Horasis India Meeting 2022
- Thua Thien Hue organized an investment promotion business trip to Japan
- Promoting investment attraction from Thailand to Da Nang