Adoption In Viet Nam
Some children in Vietnam are not lucky when they are born and live without their parents. They may live in an orphanage or even in the street and bridge. A lot of foreigners come to Vietnam and adopt in order to ensure that they are nurtured, cared for and educated in the family environment.
Overseas Vietnamese or foreigners permanently residing abroad who seek to adopt a Vietnamese must meet all conditions required by the law of the country in which they permanently reside and:
a/ Having full civil act capacity;
b/ Being 20 years or more older than the adopted person;
c/ Having health, financial and accommodation conditions for assuring the care for and nurture and education of the adopted child.
d/ Having good ethical qualities.
The following persons may not adopt a child: a/ Having some of the parental rights over a minor child restricted; b/ Currently serving an administrative handling decision at an educational institution or medical treatment establishment; c/ Currently serving an imprisonment penalty; d/ Having a criminal record of commission of any of the crimes: intentionally infringing upon another's life, health, dignity and honor; maltreating or persecuting one's grandparents, parents, spouse, children, grandchildren or caretaker; enticing or compelling a minor to violate the law or harboring a minor violator; trafficking in. fraudulently swapping or appropriating children, which has not been remitted yet.
Application of adopting persons
Application of an overseas Vietnamese, a foreigner permanently residing abroad must comprise papers, documents
1. Copy of marriage certificate of stepfather or stepmother with natural mother or father of adopted children.
2. Papers, documents proving that adopting persons are natural aunt, uncle of the adopted children.
3. Copy of Vietnam competence agency’s decision allows such person adopting Vietnamese children and papers, documents proving that such adopted children with the children introduced to be adoptees are biological siblings.
4. Papers, documents proving that adopted child is belong one of the cases provided in clause 1 Article 3 of adoption Decree.
5. Confirming document of the Commune-level People’s Committees or Public Securities of the adopting persons’s Vietnam residence and the other papers, documents proving that the adopting persons are the foreigners working, educating uninterruptedly in Vietnam for an at least 01 year period, counted to the date of application of dossiers at the Department of Child Adoption.
Application of children to be adopted
Application of the adopted children must comprise papers, documents as follows:
1. A summary of children’s characteristic, hobbies, habit. Have to write truthly information about health, disease status (if any), hobbies, daily habit need to be paid attention must be written faithfully to give an advantage to adopting persons in caring for, nurturing, educating child after being adopted.
In case stepfather or stepmother adopts their step child not comprising the above mentioned paper.
2. For children belong to the List 1, must have the following papers:
a) The Departments of Justice’s official letter enclosing with papers, documents of evidencing made notification to find a domestic substitute family for children;
b) The Department of Children Adoption’s verification official letter for terminating the notifying time but there is no domestic person adopting child.
“DB Legal is a professional legal consultant based in Da Nang, Viet Nam. We bring enormous legal experience for both local and foreign parties in Central Viet Nam, mainly areas in Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Hue, Quy Nhon ,etc.
For more information: Our Vietnamese social page or English social page
|Local Office Numbers:|
|Hotline:||+84 357 466 579|
- Proposing the National Assembly to have the resolution to amend the visa policy from May 2023
- Vietnam Goverment enhances electronic enforcement deadlines
- Determine The Demand For Using Foreign Laborers In Vietnam
- 2022 Foreign Investment in Vietnam
- Binh Dinh is committed to "rolling out the carpet" to welcome investors
- Vietnam's Economic growth exceeded forecast: 3rd quarter 13.67%, nine months 8.83%
- Dialogue at the forum to attract foreign investment in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi attracted 169.4 million USD from FDI projects in September 2022
- Ho Chi Minh City attracts an additional 2.71 billion USD in FDI
- Investment attraction situation in Quang Nam 2022