Work permit in Danang, Hoian, Hue
Work Permit and Residence Card in Vietnam
Who needs work permit in Vietnam?
Foreigners who move to Vietnam for employment for the purpose of:
a) Executing the labor contracts; or
b) Complying with the company’s internal reassignments; or
c) Enforcing contracts or agreements on business, commerce, finance, banking, insurance, science and technology, culture, sports, education, vocational training and health; or
d) Providing services under contracts; or
e) Offering services; or
f) Working for foreign non-governmental organizations or international organizations in Vietnam that have been granted with operating licenses in accordance with the Vietnam law; or
g) Working as volunteers; or
h) Taking charge of establishing the commercial presence; or
i) Working as managers, chief executive officers, experts, technicians; or
k) Participating in the execution of bid contracts and projects in Vietnam.
(Except some cases)
What if foreign employees work in Vietnam without a work permit?
Expats working in Viet Nam without work permits (except where they are exempted by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare) will be expelled from the country.
An application for the work permit consists of:
- A request written by the employer for a work permits for the employee.
- A medical certificate, issued by authorised agencies either abroad or in Viet Nam and valid for 12 months.
- Criminal record from the country of origin. If the employee has resided in Vietnam, he only needs to obtain this from the Vietnamese authorities.
- Documents to support qualifications as managers, executives, professionals or technical workers. In other cases, these documents can be replaced by:
+ A certificate for traditional craft
+ An experience qualification for a soccer player.
+ An aircraft license issued by authorised agencies in Vietnam for foreign pilots.
+ An aircraft maintenance license issued by authorized agencies in Viet Nam for foreign aircraft maintenance technicians.
- Proof of employment with foreign companies that send staff to work in Viet Nam
- Two color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, looking forward, bareheaded, no colored glasses), taken within the last six months.
- Notarised copy of passport
Documents provided by foreign companies and organisations must go through a process of consular notarisation before being sent to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare.
The duration of work permit: shall not exceed 02 years, and can be re-issuance.