It is not Required to Legalize some Foreign documents in Vietnam

May 1, 2022 | Q&A

Dear DB Legal – the Law firm in Da Nang city. I would like to legalize my passport with the aim of making the certified the copies of passport. Please kindly advise the competent agency in Viet Nam to do this process.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for being interested in our services.

According to Article 6 of Circular No. 01/2020/TT-BTP dated March 03, 2020:

"Article 6. Consulate legalizing with respect to documents issued by foreign competent agencies.

Documents issued by competent agencies namely passports, ID cards, temporary residence cards, permanent residence cards, driving licenses, graduation degrees, certificates, grade sheets attached to graduation degrees and certificates are not required to be consular legalized when authenticating copies from master registers. In case of an application for authentication of translators' signatures on said documents, consular legalizing is not required."

=> Therefore, you can make certified copies without legalizing the passport.

The link to the Circular: Click here  


“DB Legal is a full legal service law firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. Our Lawyers bring enormous legal experience for both local and foreign parties in Central Viet Nam, mainly areas in Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Hue, Quy Nhon ,etc.

Contact us

Add 1: 3rd Floor, Indochina Riverside Tower, 74 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District, Danang City, Vietnam

Add 2: 28 Thanh Luong 20, Hoa Xuan Ward, Cam Le District, Danang city, Vietnam

Hotline 1: (+84) 357 466 579

Hotline 2: (+84) 985 271 242

Phone: (+84) 236.366.4674