It is not Required to Legalize some Foreign documents in Vietnam
Dear DB Legal – the Law firm in Da Nang city. I would like to legalize my passport with the aim of making the certified the copies of passport. Please kindly advise the competent agency in Viet Nam to do this process.
Table of contents:
Thank you for interesting our services.
According to the Article 6 of Circular No. 01/2020/TT-BTP dated March 03, 2020:
"Article 6. Consulae legalizing with respect to documents issed by foreign competent agencies.
Documents issued by competent agencies namely passports, ID cards, temporary residence cards, permanent residence cards, driving license, graduation degrees, certificates, grade sheets attached to graduation degrees and certificates are not required to be consular legalized when authenticating copies from master registers. In case of application for authentication of translators' signatures on said documents, consular legalizing is not required."
=> Therefore, you can make the certified copies without legalizing the passport.
The link of the Circular: https://dblegal.vn/vi/cap-nhap-phap-ly/quy-dinh-phap-luat-ve-sao-y-chung-thuc/thong-tu-so-01-202-tt-btp-quy-dinh-chi-tiet-va-huong-dan-thi-hanh-mot-so-dieu-cua-nghi-dinh-so-23-2015-nd-cp-ngay-16-thang-02-nam-2015-1083.html.
“DB Legal is a full legal service law firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. Our Lawyers bring enormous legal experience for both local and foreign parties in Central Viet Nam, mainly areas in Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Hue, Quy Nhon ,etc.
- Process for marriage registration in Vietnam?
- Please let me know the conditions for marriage registration in Vietnam?
- Deadline for Personal Income tax finalization 2022
- Document retention and Violations against other regulations on organization and management of enterprises
- Divorce in Vietnam 2022
- Photography Service
- Forms of Doing Business in Viet Nam 2020
- Probation Contracts in Viet Nam
- Setting Up a Company in Viet Nam
- Opening a Bakery in Da Nang