Deadline for Personal Income tax finalization 2022
Dear DB Legal Law Firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. I am foreigner living in Da Nang. I am working for IT company in France. I would like to know that I have to pay Personal Income Tax in Viet Nam because I am now living for one year and more. Thank you.
Table of contents:
Thank you for your email.
Some notable points relate to PIT in Viet Nam; foreigners should study and consider whether they are payers.
- Foreigners are residents:
Living in Viet Nam for at least 183 days or 12 months from the first day of the presence in Viet Nam.
Having a regular residence in Viet Nam.
- Foreigners are not residents.
2. Taxable Income:
- Residents: income earned within and beyond Vietnam’s territory regardless of where income is paid.
- Non-residents: income earned in Viet Nam, regardless of the place where income is paid and received.
3. Tax rates:
- Residents: from 1~35% per income.
- Non-residents: 20% per income
4. PIT settlements:
The payers must declare and settle tax according to the Law of Viet Nam.
The deadline for PIT settlements in 2022 is May 04, 2023.
You are now living in Viet Nam for more than one year; you are then the taxpayer (PIT) in Viet Nam although your income is from an oversea company.
5. Penalty for late tax delaration/payment:
According to Degree (125/2020/NĐ-CP) of Regulation Administrative penalties for tax or invoice-related violations.
Penalty for payment late: 0,03%/day
Penalty for late tax declarations:
From 1-5 days (First time): Form of Cautions
From 1-30 days: VND 2,000,000 (USD 87) to VND 5,000,000 (USD 218)
From 31-60 days: VND 5,000,000 (USD 218) to VND 8,000,000 (USD 348)
From 61-90 days: VND 8,000,000 (USD 348) to VND 15,000,000 (USD 652)
From 91 days: VND 15,000,000 (USD 652) to VND 25,000,000 (USD 1,087)
“DB Legal is a full legal service law firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. Our Lawyers bring enormous legal experience for local and foreign parties in Central Viet Nam, mainly in Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Hue, Quy Nhon,etc.
For more information: Our Vietnamese social page or English social page
|Local Office Numbers:|
|Hotline:||+84 357 466 579|
- Process for marriage registration in Vietnam?
- Please let me know the conditions for marriage registration in Vietnam?
- Document retention and Violations against other regulations on organization and management of enterprises
- It is not Required to Legalize some Foreign documents in Vietnam
- Divorce in Vietnam 2022
- Photography Service
- Forms of Doing Business in Viet Nam 2020
- Probation Contracts in Viet Nam
- Setting Up a Company in Viet Nam
- Opening a Bakery in Da Nang