Personal Income Tax in Viet Nam 2019
Dear DB Legal Law Firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. I am foreigner living in Da Nang and in Hoi An. I am working for IT company in France. I would like to know that I have to pay Personal Income Tax in Viet Nam because I am now living for one year and more. Thank you.
Thank you for your email.
There are some notable points relating PIT in Viet Nam and the foreigners should study and consider whether you are payer or not.
- Foreigners are residents:
Living in Viet Nam for at least 183 days or 12 months from the first day of the presence in Viet Nam.
Having a regular residence in Viet Nam.
- Foreigners are not residents.
- Residents: income earned within and beyond Vietnam’s territory regardless of the place where income is paid.
- Non-residents: income earned in Viet Nam, regardless of the place where income is paid and received.
- Residents: from 1~35% per income.
- Non-residents: from 1~20% per income.
The payers have to declare and settle tax according to the Law of Viet Nam.
The deadline of PIT settlements in 2019 is April 1 2019.
You are now living in Viet Nam for more than one year, you are then the taxpayer (PIT) in Viet Nam athough your income is from the oversea company.
- Document retention and Violations against other regulations on organization and management of enterprises
- It is not Required to Legalize some Foreign documents in Vietnam
- Divorce in Vietnam 2022
- Deadline for Personal Income tax finalization 2021
- Photography Service
- Forms of Doing Business in Viet Nam 2020
- Probation Contracts in Viet Nam
- Setting Up a Company in Viet Nam
- Opening a Bakery in Da Nang
- Opening A Company In Viet Nam 2019