Personal Income Tax in Viet Nam 2019
Dear DB Legal Law Firm in Da Nang, Viet Nam. I am foreigner living in Da Nang and in Hoi An. I am working for IT company in France. I would like to know that I have to pay Personal Income Tax in Viet Nam because I am now living for one year and more. Thank you.
Thank you for your email.
There are some notable points relating PIT in Viet Nam and the foreigners should study and consider whether you are payer or not.
- Foreigners are residents:
Living in Viet Nam for at least 183 days or 12 months from the first day of the presence in Viet Nam.
Having a regular residence in Viet Nam.
- Foreigners are not residents.
- Residents: income earned within and beyond Vietnam’s territory regardless of the place where income is paid.
- Non-residents: income earned in Viet Nam, regardless of the place where income is paid and received.
- Residents: from 1~35% per income.
- Non-residents: from 1~20% per income.
The payers have to declare and settle tax according to the Law of Viet Nam.
The deadline of PIT settlements in 2019 is April 1 2019.
You are now living in Viet Nam for more than one year, you are then the taxpayer (PIT) in Viet Nam athough your income is from the oversea company.
- Recruitment Foreign Labor In Expert Position
- Recruitment Of Foreign Labor In The CEO/Business Manager Position
- Recruitment Foreign Labor Married With Vietnamese
- Documenting the marriage registration in the Civil Status Book in Vietnam
- Authorization to register marriage in Vietnam
- Birth Registration Certificate in Vietnam
- Which projects need a fire protection license in Vietnam?
- Can foreigners have their names on a red book in Vietnam?
- Buying house for foreigners in Vietnam?
- Process for marriage registration in Vietnam?